Thursday, April 15, 2010

My comment at Attackpoint to the US Middle Champs discussion

I will use this point in the discussion to promote one more time my O-scores database system for those who didn't paid enough attention to it yet.

The system allowed me to predict Jaxon as a top runner some time ago  when he had not enough meets to be A-ranked and was running orange.

O-scores is designed specially for those beginners who would like to evaluate themselves immediately and know how they stand to big guys on absolute scale. Doesn't matter what color or what level or event you are running.
I'm still waiting for feet to find time to perform a stress test which will confirm and validate system independently.

In the meantime shows that our best M-16 is still Carl Underwood with Jaxon trailing very close (~125) (link above). And also it shows that they both would beat or  match Sergey Velichko and Joseph Brautigam being top M45+'ers (also ~125) (flip age class drop down).

Of course system would require more adequate data stream from local clubs in order to notice local stars and bring them to light. I'm working with event organizers on getting the data, but so far not many of them got interested, event though all what it cost is sending me CSV SportIdent export file.
I wonder, why?

We keep saying that we need to increase population, do this and do that and at the same time refuse to take somebodie's time and efforts to "start-up" some project, even thought to many it might seem useless, but is it harmfull?

No comments:

Post a Comment